KOSHER ORGANICS "Organic" Certification Standard
The "Kosher Organics" symbol with the Kosher Organics label is a symbol of integrity in rabbinical food certification on any ingredient or product that is kosher and certified organic by a USDA approved agency.
In order to help you identify truly organic products and maximize your wellbeing, Kosher Organics developed the Kosher Organics standard for products that meet the USDA organic regulations. The standard is a set of guidelines that dictates which ingredients and products can and cannot be considered kosher and organic.
Under the standard, any product certified by Kosher Organics with the "Kosher Organics label" must meet the following criteria:
- The product and its ingredients must be at least 95% organic, certified by a USDA approved agency, not counting water and salt, with no added sulfites.
- Organic foods are grown without synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers, irradiation, sewage sludge, synthetic fertilizers, and prohibited pesticides.
- Foods and products do not contain added color, or synthetic substances, artificial ingredients, artificial flavors, coloring ingredients, or chemical preservatives, and do not contain genetically modified organisms.
- Organic livestock. The USDA organic seal verifies that producers met animal health and welfare standards, did not use antibiotics or growth hormones, used 100% organic feed, and provided animals with access to the outdoors.
- Organic farming methods help protect and nurture the environment.
Companies under this certification program are inspected on an ongoing basis to insure that they strictly comply with our "Kosher and Organic" standards.
Products that have successfully met our kosher standards and organic certification criteria may display the KOSHER ORGANICS symbol with the "KOSHER ORGANIC" label on packaging and advertising.