- Manufacturers of organic products must meet our strict kosher standards and are inspected on an ongoing basis to insure that they strictly comply with our "Kosher" standards.
- Organic foods must be certified by an approved USDA government agency, and be eligible to display the USDA organic seal.
- The product and its ingredients must be at least 95% organic, not counting water and salt, with no added sulfites., and grown without synthetic pesticides or chemical fertilizers, irradiation, sewage sludge, synthetic fertilizers, and prohibited pesticides.
- Foods and products must meet the USDA standards and not contain added color, or synthetic substances, artificial ingredients, artificial flavors, coloring ingredients, or chemical preservatives, and do not contain genetically modified organisms.
- Organic livestock. The USDA organic seal verifies that producers met animal health and welfare standards, did not use antibiotics or growth hormones, used 100% organic feed, and provided animals with access to the outdoors.
- Organic farming methods help protect and nurture the environment.
Organic products that have successfully met the above criteria and our kosher standards may display the KOSHER ORGANICS symbol on packaging and advertising. Companies under this certification program are inspected on an ongoing basis to insure that they strictly comply with our standard.